Requirements for a marriage license issued in Cedar County.
- Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the
State of Nebraska you cannot marry if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants who are under
the age of 19. The parental consent forms are available at the
link listed below or the County Clerk’s Office.
- Both applicants must supply a form of photo identification
(Example driver’s license or passport)
- Will need to know the birth place and social security
numbers of both bride and groom.
- Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s maiden
name, and birthplaces.
- Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from date of
- Applicants may apply for their marriage license in any
county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any County in
The fee for the marriage license is $25.00
To receive a certified copy of a marriage license
you will need to send the following information and a $9.00
check or money order. (You must have obtained your license in Cedar
Info needed: Name of Groom & Bride including maiden
name and month and year of marriage.
Click Here to download worksheet to speed up the process in the
office. (Not Required)
Click Here for Parental Consent Form