Emergency management is the managerial function charged with creating the framework within which communities reduce vulnerability to hazards and cope with disasters.
Emergency management seeks to promote safer, less vulnerable communities with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
Emergency management protects communities by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.
Some of the things we are responsible for (the list is not all inclusive)
- Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Updates to the Cedar County Local Emergency Operations Plan
- Coordinating or providing training as requested by Local Emergency Response
- Disaster Drills and Exercises
- Continuity of Government/Operations Planning
- Participation in the Northeast Planning, Exercise, Training and Communications Region
- Severe Weather Storm Spotter program